Who We Are
CCO is the Ontario government’s principal advisor on the cancer and renal systems, as well as on access to care for key health services.
We provide tools, resources and evidence-based data to help our healthcare partners improve the delivery of care.
Although our work takes place at a system level and we don’t provide direct patient care, we seek every opportunity to be person-centred. One way we do this is by actively communicating with patients and families to understand their experiences so we can incorporate their perspectives into all aspects of our work.
Cancer Care Ontario and the Ontario Renal Network are divisions of CCO. These parts of our business use CCO’s infrastructure, assets and models to improve the quality and performance of Ontario’s cancer and chronic kidney disease systems.
In addition, we manage an Access to Care Program. This program implements information management/information technology solutions in healthcare organizations across the province. These solutions help improve patient access to healthcare services and reduce wait times, and support Ontario’s Wait Time and Emergency Room/Alternate Level of Care Strategies.
Our employees form the foundation of CCO and we are unified by common values and a vision of working together to create the best health systems in the world.
- The people of Ontario are at the core of everything we do and every decision we make.
- We are transparent in sharing performance-related information, and we foster a culture of open communication with colleagues, partners and the public.
- We ensure fairness across regions in Ontario in the development of strong provincial health systems.
- We make decisions and provide advice based on the best available evidence.
- We consult widely, share openly and collaborate actively to achieve our goals.