What We Do
CCO encompasses Cancer Care Ontario and the Ontario Renal Network. They use our infrastructure, assets and models to improve Ontario’s cancer and chronic kidney disease systems. We also direct and oversee approximately $1.9 billion in funding for hospitals and other cancer and chronic kidney disease healthcare providers. These funds enable them to deliver high-quality, timely services and improved access to care.
Known for our innovation and evidence-based approaches, CCO:
- leads multi-year system planning
- enters into funding and service agreements with hospitals and providers
- develops and implements information systems
- establishes guidelines and standards
- tracks performance targets to ensure system-wide improvements in cancer, chronic kidney disease and access to care