The Research Office facilitates research activities across the organization. It provides corporate-wide services to support the CCO research community scientists and programs with the research process.
The knowledge generated by CCO scientists and research staff can then be translated into innovations to help improve healthcare in Ontario.
- Offer research services including help navigating the research process (legal, financial, privacy, data access and publishing)
- Foster relationships with partners for funding opportunities and research collaborations
- Build a foundation for research at CCO and with the research community by offering knowledge translation and exchange activities, knowledge mobilization and maintaining the online CCO Library
Research Office services include:
- help navigating the CCO research process, including legal, finance, data access, protocols, publishing, funding opportunities, and partnerships or collaborations
- knowledge transfer and exchange activities
- library services through the CCO Library, an online resource for our staff to peer-reviewed scientific literature
Some of our specific services are described below.
Research Rounds are monthly opportunities to connect with the research community at CCO. Attendees meet CCO colleagues and research partners to learn more about our research and related activities.
|January 20, 2020||Janet Papadakos, PhD
Provincial Head, Patient Education Princess Margaret Hospital
|February 24, 2020||Amanda Sheppard, PhD
Indigenous Cancer Control Unit, Prevention and Cancer Control
|March 23, 2020||Cancelled|
|April 20, 2020||Cancelled|
|May 25, 2020||Christine P’ng
Lead, Information Design, Analytics & Informatics
Analyst, Ontario Renal Network
Subject Matter Expert, Ontario Renal Network
|June 22, 2020||TBD|
|July 20, 2020||TBD|
|August 24, 2020||TBD|
|September 21, 2020||Prithwish De, PhD
Director, Surveillance, Cancer Registry, Research Office, Analytics & Informatics
Research Associate, Surveillance and Cancer Registry
|October 26, 2020||Todd Norwood
Staff Scientist, Surveillance Research, Analytics & Informatics
Research Associate, Surveillance Research
Senior Analyst, Surveillance Research
|November 23, 2020||Brooke Filsinger
Senior Research Associate, Research Office, Analytics & Informatics
|December 14, 2020||TBD|
Dates and speakers are subject to change.
CCO Research Day
This annual meeting provides opportunities for people with an interest in CCO research to:
- connect with CCO’s research community and partners
- learn about leading research at CCO
- meet CCO-supported scientists and colleagues
- discuss research issues
- view posters showcasing research from across CCO
View agenda and presented abstracts from CCO Research Day 2019: Research and Actionable Insights at CCO.
The Research Office helps scientists and research staff navigate CCO’s research process. CCO is home to many research projects and programs, as well as population-level datasets. The Research Office can provide guidance on:
- the research process at CCO (including finance, legal and privacy)
- upcoming competitions, funding opportunities or grant applications (including letters-of-support)
- agreements for host institutions, data sharing and funding arrangements
- publication guidance
- research partnerships and collaborations with people outside of CCO
- available datasets and how to access them
- developing customized research protocols
This online resource provides CCO staff with access to peer-reviewed scientific literature (journal holdings, e-books, publications) and library services (including literature searches, training and workshops on search strategies).
For more information about library resources and services, email the CCO Library.
We can help you find students with certain specialties, such as policy, statistics and system planning.
If you are a student seeking practicum opportunities at CCO, please see Careers for available student positions.
Contact the Research Office
To be added to CCO’s Research Rounds mailing list, find students, get help navigating the CCO research process, or ask questions about research at CCO, email the Research Office.